After all our holiday over-indulging, we’re craving some healthy dishes. We love our greens and this simple kale salad goes well with any red meat. Try this simple, light kale salad to balance out a heavy entree or to add more vegetables to your meal.
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 0 minutes
- 1 bunch chopped kale leaves (or use pre-washed/packaged kale)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Add kale, half the lemon juice, a dash of sea salt, and a little bit of the olive oil in a large serving bowl
- Massage the kale until the kale starts to soften and wilt, approximately 5 minutes. Go ahead, get your hands in there!
- Drizzle remaining lemon juice and olive oil, as desired
- Add salt and ground black pepper to taste
Fun facts: Massage kale in a similar action to kneading dough. It helps take the bitterness out of the kale and makes it a more vibrant green color.